How to combine multiple networks into one?

Here is what I have setup at my home. It works great for internet sharing, but I want to be able to move files across every computer rather than just among computers on the same router.

Here is my setup

DSL Model (Asante Equipment) Asante FR3004LC Router Asante FS5008 Switch D-Link DI-614+ (wireless) (Upstairs) D-Link DI-524 (wireless) (Basement)

We have our house wired so that the DSL comes in and is immediatly at the Modem, which is connected directly to the Asante Router which is connected to the Switch.

Then the other 2 routers are hardwired to the Asante Router (I think they go to the router, not the switch).

What I want is to be able to set up everything to be used as 1 single network. I want to be able to move seamlessly from one wireless network to the next without being on a new network. Currently I have 2 wireless networks (upstairs and downstairs) and computers on upstairs cannot see those on downstairs, and those on upstairs network cannot see downstairs, and those wired into the Asante router are hit or miss.

I also have a real nice HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One with wireless capabilities and can only use it on computers connected to the same wireless router as the printer is.

This is real real real annoying and I want to configure them all to work together! Please help me!

Reply to
comprocket
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.