Help requested with a different kind of setup

Good afternoon,

As a followup to my post a few months back about covering a residential park in wi-fi, after finding out that Comcast and SBC won't touch the project for different reasons, and now knowing I don't have to cover the park in wi-fi, here's what my setup will be:

One Novatel PCMCIA card, provided by Midwest Wireless, and reliably offering 110k up/down, inserted into a laptop, which will route traffic from the static IP on the laptop's ethernet interface to the Novatel card using Ositis WinProxy. The laptop's ethernet interface will be connected to the WAN port on a Linksys WRT54GS, which will also have a static IP in the same subnet as the laptop's ethernet interface. The WRT54GS will serve both one wired client and all wireless clients, realistically no more than four at a time total, via a wide-open SSID and DHCP addressing.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this setup, knowing that this event happens this Thursday? =)

Thanks in advance,

-- Isaac Grover, Owner Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin Affordable I. T. Consulting, Web Design, and Web Hosting. Commercial and Residential Inquiries Welcomed. Web:

formatting link

Reply to
Isaac Grover
Loading thread data ...

On 24 Jul 2006 10:59:05 -0700, "Isaac Grover" wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.