Helio is MAD!!

Check this out!! Three days ago Helio the wireless provider just did something unknown and insane to the wireless world we started a promotion for new members to recieve UNLIMITED CALLING (NO ROAMING CHARGES NO LONG DISTANCE FEES) AND UNLIMITED DATA FOR $99/MONTH. We also launched Microsoft Exchange on the Ocean!! SO COME IN TO OUR STORE IN CHERRY CREEK AT:

2771 E. 1ST AVE. Denver, CO 80206 303-333-3292 X:3

Ask for Jeremy for great offers on devices

-ALSO EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE STATE OF COLORADO YOU CAN CALL AND ACTIVATE AS WE ARE A DIRECT CORPORATE DEALER!!-

"Helio Ocean is the iPhone Killer!" - Wall Street Journal

Reply to
jatkinshelion
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link
Not bad...not bad at all.

Looks like it uses the Sprint network:

1) "Helio devices are automatically switched between 3G and 1x data networks depending on availability." 2) Map looks very very much like Sprint's coverage. In fact their map looks EXACTLY (but not in coverage area) like a typical Sprint map from 2 years ago with the colors and coverage (two years ago)in my area.
Reply to
DTC

Yes - for better or worse - Helio uses the Spint PCS Network.

And for worse you're on PCS 1900 MHz, with its poorer coverage per tower, and poorer building penetration.

formatting link

Reply to
karlkrandall

But better due to less probability of congestion that would cause drops/blocks.

Reply to
carcarx

I would much rather have the better coverage on a 800 MHz network and just go with a carrier that has a good infrastructure.

Reply to
George

In Houston, TX; I have far, far fewer dropped calls on Cingular/ATT than I ever did on Sprint; and don't have to be near a window to use my cell. My son in Los Angeles experienced the same issues. Surely a made up fact that Sprint is less likely to drop calls.

Reply to
karlkrandall

Well, i have the exact same opposite. Sprint user since 2000, dropped calls with Cingular/ATT the few days i tried them out.

Southwest side, Westheimer, bellaire, galeria area, alief, sugar land, TMC area...you name it. Generally, i can't stand GSM in the states, it is so poor..calls fade in and out, choppy quality and so forth.

Reply to
DerMerovingian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.