Does Atheros card need a particular brand router?

I'm looking at a Toshiba laptop, model L35-S2171, and the specs say it uses an Atheros wireless card. Does this mean I need to use a particular type or brand of wireless router at the other end, or will pretty much anything do?

I assume this isn't Super or Turbo G, or it would have said so. Does that sound right?

Reply to
Peabody
Loading thread data ...

Peabody hath wroth:

No such model laptop. Wanna try again, this time adding whether it's a Satellite, Satellite Pro, Portege, Qosmio, Tecra, etc.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Oops. It exists, just too new to appear on the Toshiblah support site. Cheap too:

I can't find any details on this laptop or its wireless card. It's a fair assumption that it will work with any 802.11g wireless access point or wireless router. I don't think they would include a Turbo-G or other 108Mbit/sec proprietary card at that price. If paranoid, see Wi-Fi certified product list at:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 20:21:06 -0600, Peabody wrote in :

Anything Wi-Fi certified will do.

It sounds right, but really doesn't matter, since the proprietary crap will fall back to Wi-Fi standard operation.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.