Ping Jeff Liebermann

AE6KS de KD5DYP Just noticed that you were a amateur radio operator. Are you a part of any

802.11 wifi stuff that is licensed hams only? Where I live we are working on a large scale (city wide) 2.4Ghz network using higher power radios and amps than are allowed by unlicensed users. We are also going to use 5.8Ghz links for backhaul stuff. currently we have 4 high level (above 150') sites that we can/are going to put equipment on. We have not installed anything as of yet as we are still playing with stuff on the ground and between home sites (1.5 miles)

Just curious.

Adair - KD5DYP

Reply to
Adair Witner
Loading thread data ...

"Adair Witner" hath wroth:

Groan. There's no escape.

Hell no. There's a sub-group of the local radio club that's suppose be working on what the ARRL calls high speed multimedia. I've contributed some hardware, wasted a few days setting up systems, and done most of the calculations. However, it's being done in such an erratic, crude, and unprofessional manner, that I've done my best to avoid any involvement and discourage any attempts to create what I consider to be RF pollution.

This one?

formatting link
Fine. Have fun. When the FCC pulls the plug on ham radio high power in the 2.4GHz/5.8Ghz bands, don't say I didn't warn you. Warning against using the ham license as an excuse to use exessive power is all over the various 802.11 for ham radio web pages. Given the choice between a few thousand hams, and millions of Wi-Fi users, who do you think is going to win when the users and manufacturers complain?
formatting link

Well, good luck.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Then why include your call in your signature?

Reply to
paul

"paul" hath wroth:

The call sign is included for when I get involved in the ham radio forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, and politics. I guess I could customize my signature for specific newsgroups.

Most ham radio related projects are interesting to me, especially if they involve building something new and wonderful. However, the pollution of 802.11 by hams using higher power than necessary is not my idea of a worthy project. You managed to ask me about one of the few aspects of ham radio that I find quite literally disgusting.

You also didn't answer my question. Is this the one you're working on?

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I am not the OP

Reply to
paul

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:10:53 GMT, "Adair Witner" wrote in :

Email service down? I'd be happy to send you a Gmail invitation.

Reply to
John Navas

junk address...

Got one, adairw

Reply to
Adair Witner

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:38:40 GMT, "Adair Witner" wrote in :

Jeff's email address is in every post he makes.

Then use it.

Reply to
John Navas

So you have a problem with with OT posts to indivuals? I could have emailed him yes, however I didn't because I thought it might be somewhat interesting to the group and inspire some other discussion on the topic but was pointed at jeff because he was also a ham.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Witner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.