connecting cable modem wirelessly to wired network

I have a cable modem and I would like to set up a network for my machines and give each of them Internet access through the cable modem.

All of my computers are at the other end of the house to the cable modem. I do not wish to wire the house with ethernet cable and neither do I want to use an entirely wireless connection (too slow for my liking).

I would like to network my computers together using a wired gigabit switch (enabling them to transfer data between themselves at high speeds) but I would also like to connect that switch wirelessly to the cable modem so that each of my computers has access to the Internet.

I assume I need some kind of wireless device plugged in to the cable modem and another plugged in to the switch.

Can anyone enlighten me as to which products will do this job for me?

Reply to
annoyedtuna
Loading thread data ...

So, something like this?

Cable Modem Access Point Access Point Gigabit Switch NICs

Which access points support bridging in that way?

Reply to
annoyedtuna

A pair access points that support bridge mode or dedicated wireless bridges.

Reply to
David Taylor

Yep

Loads and loads.

Linksys, Dlink, Netgear etc...

Reply to
David Taylor

Will I need a router somewhere in the network. I only have one Public IP address, so I will need to create a private network.

Reply to
annoyedtuna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.