cheap wireless router that can block more than 10 ips / subnets

Hello I am looking for a cheap linksys/ dlink /smc /netgear that can block access to external ips / subnets. I have a linksys can block access to ports but not ips. I would like to configure my router as a host in my subnet and deny access to clients in the same subnet as well as access to other subnets. Looks like only a cheap cisco could do this but may be there is a netgear or dlink router that can do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? thanks.

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

cant quite figure out your specific question.

used an older di624a here and it will block ip or ip-ranges offers several different configs to do it actually so you need to be a bit creative to get think // max of 40 rules.

you might look at current model of that router and most likely dlink has emulator available in support for it.

Reply to
bumtracks

Yep. For DI-624 see:

formatting link
to support LAN side blocking by IP address range but not by subnet. Also, I think there's a limit to how many filter rules can be added, but I don't know the exact number.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

For Linksys WRT54G using 3rd party firmware you should be able to write unlimited (or at least limited only by size of memory) rules for the firewall (certainly possible w/ sveasoft, but I would expect the others to be just as flexible).

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.