CDMA wireless phone/modem config problem ..... please help... TQ

Hi! In Win_XP, my "Huawei" (ETS2058) CDMA Wireless Phone Modem successfully accesses the Internet after going through the password authentication process ( but only if I disable the "CHAP" protocol in the Internet Explorer Connection advanced security options ) ..... ...If 'CHAP' is enabled, the server returns an "Invalid user name or password" error ..... [error 691].

Since Win'98_SE uses "CHAP" as the default protocol, internet login attempts always fail the "user name & password" authentication with this OS.

I have asked the local ISPs "experts" and "network engineers" to configure their incoming routers / servers to enable the default Windows (including "CHAP") protocol settings to be used but they insist that the "Huawei" CDMA phone modem is not compatible with the Windows '98 platform ....... this despite the fact that Huawei provides full instructions and all drivers for Windows '98 and many Huawei users in other countries have confirmed that they have had no issues with the Huawei/Win'98 combination.

Does someone here know how to disable "CHAP" in Windows '98 so that non-encrypted passwords can be 'sent out' to the ISP for internet logon purposes ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Reply to
Sue_haimi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.