cable to connect wireless network card and antenna

Hello, I am new to all of this and am looking for a cable and hope you people can help me. I have a D-Link wireless network card which uses a "dipole with detachable reverse SMA connector" antenna. It works pretty good but I only get a low signal and I would like to boost my reception. I have a

2.4GHZ Rootenna which is described as having a "SMA-Female connector". Do you people know where to get a cable that will connect these 2 items? If so I would like to know about it. Thanks. The pieces of equipment in quesion are
formatting link

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link

Reply to
Ben Boyle
Loading thread data ...

"Ben Boyle" hath wroth:

Yech. The DLink WDA-2320 comes with an RP-SMA jack. The Rootena comes with an: "SMA-Female connector with MMCX cable" which was intended to be hot wired to an access point as in:

formatting link
So, what you need is a cable that has an RP-SMA plug on one end, and a normal SMA plug on the other. No big deal.

This should work:

formatting link
can also probably get WLANparts to make you a cable:

formatting link
don't list the normal SMA plug, but I'm sure they can get one.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.