BT Voyager 2091 Wireless connection

Hi,

I've recently upgraded internet connection to BT Wireless with a BT Voyager 2091 router, and I have noticed several problems, which I hope can be resolved.

Firstly, when I turn off the router for the night, and turn it back on at morning, it takes ages for web pages to load (IE) or sometimes the don't load at all. It takes about 10 minutes for this to correct itself, and all the software packages that came with the router (wireless connection manager etc) say there is no connection.

Is it safe to leave it on at night? why does it take so long to load up?

My PC is the only thing connected to the router, and that is wirelessly. Is this a problem?

I also have a cordless telephone, which suffers from severe distortion when the router is on. Would this problem be resolved if the phone was changed to a DECT, or a corded phone?

Any answers/suggestions on these topics would be grateful.

Cheers,

Phil

Reply to
Philip Newman
Loading thread data ...

You might try changing the channel that the wireless router is set to, if it's on 6, go to 1 or 11. As far as leaving the router on all night, that's fine as long as you have it plugged into a decent surge protector. It shouldn't take all that long when you turn it on each day. Make sure you have the settings saved for the router, otherwise it might be going through some sort of set-up routine each time. Good luck.

Reply to
bretk

Hi,

I tried changing the channel - it was on 5 - so I tried all the other channels, but no effect.

Would a DECT/digital cordless be any better, or would I have to change to a corded phone?

Cheers,

Phil

Reply to
phillenium2002

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.