billing system for wlan

What you may be looking for is a hotspot controller or "hotspot in a box". Finding anything free for windows is a challenge. There are services that will handle the authentication and billing but not free either.

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

i search a billing software for my Hot-Spot

My Dream: I want to enter in a Database Username,Password, Usage-Time and price, In Word i print Labels with the Database as Datasource -> my Logo, Username and Password ,Usage-Time and price.

When a user uses my Hotspot the windows Network authentication (or something else) pops up and the user enters the Username and password of the label. at this time the timer is ticking on the server-side Database, and when his time is over- the next Internet Request should show a "Page not found" or "your time is over" Page.

Is where a simple Software (Radius Server Software or something else) out where

For free ? (or cheap shareware) if it´s possible - for Windows ( I have no knowleg about linuX ...)

TIA Erich Wanker (yes i know - a terrible Name)

Reply to
Erich Wanker

You are looking for a captive portal. Quite a few captive portals have emerged, both hardware and software based. I'm using one myself called "ZoneCD", which is free (cost and open source), and can run from a live CD. Unfortunetly, it doesn't do anything billing related nor do I know of any free captive portals offhand that do billing.

One commercial captive portal that caught my eye not too long ago is "FirstSpot". It seems to be pretty well integrated and has seamless (Paypal based) approach to billing. "Customers" purchase time in blocks and the remaining time is displayed while they have access. The online demo looked really good (Windows based), but they have a very steep pricetag for it.

formatting link
While I'm not aware of any free portals that do billing, I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few out there. My interest with a portal was simply to have some control over a completetly open SSID that my neighbors, friends, family, ect use.

Check out the following website to see what else is out there.

formatting link

Cheers,

-Eric

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.