Best antenna for a desktop PC

I have a stationary desktop PC Id like to have wireless to.

What would be best way to provide this desktop with a wireless card and antenna?

Should I use a standalone USB wireless antenna on its own mount? such as link below?

formatting link
Or is it best to install a PCI wireless card and then use an external antenna with THAT?

I guess I'm asking if USB or PCI is best network adapter protocol for an external wireless antenna?

Reply to
me
Loading thread data ...

i just bought a giga-byte (brand) 802.11g pci card and it works great. it says i get a 'good' signal strenth (witch isn't the best) but i assume that its because its behind a lot of wires in the back of my pc. im thinking about getting a 8 dollar annina extention for it but i have full 802.11g speeds so i don't think i will any time soon. heres the link where i got it, its a lot cheaper than the linksys your talking about:

formatting link

Reply to
James

Reply to
James

that last email has a bad link, you need to copy and paste it or just include the ='s at the end.

formatting link

Reply to
James

formatting link
the thread "USB vs PCI Card" from this group last Friday.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.