Backtrack vs Auditor

I've downloaded both the above named Linux Live CD's and I've got them working but I have just a few questions about the intent of either distro. Let's see - is Auditor more designed with the WiFi hacker in mind? Backtrack seems like an OS with networking security tools, where IMHO Auditor is pure hacking.

Have I got that right?

Second question: Is there a way to access my hard drive with either distro? I'd like to save settings, files etc. I'd also like to use Backtrack's music player but all my mp3's are on my C drive......

Reply to
Ken Bessler
Loading thread data ...

"What is BackTrack?

BackTrack is the natural evolution of Whax and Auditor - a live cd, standalone penetration testing toolkit. There are some major new features in BackTrack which add huge functionality compared Whoppix, and may change the way we use live distributions. .."

formatting link
cheers

Witek

-- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. - Al Einstein -

Reply to
Witek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.