AT&T Direct Wireless internet service... can't get Tablo to work with it

I'm switching from Hughesnet (Satellite) internet service to AT&T direct wireless. My Tablo, (for recording OTA TV)works fine with Hughesnet connected, but when I switch over to AT&T wireless as the internet provider, the Tablo tells me it can't connect to the internet. I've checked the AT&T router, and it "sees" the Tablo and provides an IP address for it. Anyone have any suggestions? In each case, I'm connecting the Cat 5 from the Tablo directly to one of the 4 ports on the router.

Reply to
Charlie Hoffpauir
Loading thread data ...

A couple of related questions.... There is a USB port on both the Hughesnet and the AT&T router. Anyone know what these ports are for? The Hughesnet router is model HD2000W and the AT&T is model 5268AC, (mfg. PACE) My ASUS router has USB ports that I could tether my cell phone to when the regular internet was down.... wondering if these will work the same?

Reply to
Charlie Hoffpauir

OK, I got the Tablo to work with the AT&T router, and now I have another question. What I did was look at the Firewall configuration for the router, and saw that all the outbound protocols EXCEPT NetBIOS were enabled, and also NetBIOS inbound protocol was not enabled. So I enabled both (inbound and outbound NetBIOS) and the Tablo was immediately recognized. since I haven't a clue why this works, I'm somewhat concerned that I may have enabled something that breaks something else, so could someone tell me what the problems this might cause?

Reply to
Charlie Hoffpauir

Well, I guess I reacted too soon. Apparently the Tablo connection just "happened to work" at the same time I made those changes to the router. Once again it won't connect, and repeating the changes doesn't do anything to improve things.

Reply to
Charlie Hoffpauir

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.