Quick note on how to unlock T-Mobile carrier-locked phones after 40 days

Quick note on how to unlock T-Mobile carrier-locked phones after 40 days

To help others, as always, by every action, here is the illustrated T-Mobile carrier unlock process on my LG Stylo 3 Plus, which I bought a handful of at Costco for $130 each last Christmas for stocking stuffers (one of which was gifted back to me when the teen got an iPhone instead).

o Find the T-Mobile "Device Unlock" app in the app drawer o It may ask you to "Allow Device Unlock" (press "Allow") o A stock pink screen comes up (even if you're already unlocked) o When you hit "Continue", it will connect to T-Mobile servers o In a couple of seconds it asks if you want permanent or temporary unlock o The "Read more" button explains the "Permanent Unlock" o The "Read more" button explains the "Temporary Unlock" o Then it connects to the T-Mobile servers to begin unlocking o And then shows the unlock-approved screen (all within a minute)

My suggestion is that you try the temporary unlock if you haven't passed the 40-day mark, and if you have, then do the permanent unlock.

Reply to
Arlen_Holder
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.