Android 10, Manually connect, Hidden Wi-Fi network (versus Android 13)

Someone gave me an old well-working Android 10 phone to re-purpose for her. Without a SIM card, it can only work on Wi-Fi, but that's fine because she can still use the phone as a VOIP/SMS/MMS phone using Talkatone over Wi-Fi.

Even with random MAC addresses set per AP (default) and per connection (in the Developer options) I can set my Android 13 phone to not automatically connect to a hidden network (both needed for well-known privacy reasons).

But in Android 10, I can't find where to set up that Wi-Fi connection to a hidden access point such that the connection is NOT automatically sought.

Did that fundamental privacy setting of the Android phone NOT automatically broadcasting the desired AP SSID/BSSID not exist in Android 10?

If the Android 10 settings don't allow broadcasting to be turned off, do you know of any workaround to prevent an Android 10 device from always broadcasting that it is seeking to connect to a given known (hidden AP) private Wi-Fi network?

Reply to
Harry S Robins
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.