5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

formatting link

5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

The router shown in the figure is Linksys WRT600N Router, that is exactly the one I bought about 4 years ago but currently I operate it at 2.5 Ghz frequency only and I have closed the 5 Ghz band. It is an excellent router no question about it. It was written on the box to keep it 1 meter away from the body. If you are having 5 Ghz band ON for video streaming and even if you are sitting 1 meter away from the device, after 4 hours I think you will feel dizziness and after 8 hours nausea. It happened with me. Never had such feeling before. When I converted 5 Ghz video streaming to wired based, never had such Nausea & Dizziness. 5 Ghz is in microwave range of frequency spectrum.

Reply to
takveen
Loading thread data ...

I have been around RF spectrum of all sorts all my life. Nothing bothered me. I guess you're allergic to m/w oven as well as cordless phone and cell phone? I had WRT600N and it is back up stand-by box now. By any chance are you trolling? Hope not.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I like cookies. I like men. I like male cookies.

Reply to
Kimmy Boyer

The same rubbish was posted to sci.electronics.repair and precipitated the usual endless discussion on cell phone exposure. T'is trolling methinks.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Maybe trolling, but I have experience RF induced nausea and dizziness.

......it wasn't from low-power WiFi stuff though, I was in a tower building that had a lot of different comm equipment in it.

I was re-running our coax along the ceiling wireways from the bulkhead entry to the other side of the room because the sub- contractor didn't do it right (suprise, suprise). Granted, my head was 1 foot away from high power (one was 20,000W) transmission lines of different frequencies, but the effects were completely real. I was only in there 20 minutes before I started feeling nausea and dizzy. So bad I had to leave. At first, I thought it was something I ate, it went away after I left the building, but when I went back, and 20 minutes later, I was feeling it again.

Reply to
DanS

On Fri, 28 May 2010 08:33:08 -0500, DanS wrote in :

The cause was almost certainly something else.

That doesn't prove cause and effect.

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Have you ever been in a tower building with 10s of thousands of watts of RF power being TX'd on multiple freq's from 6M to microwave and had your head 1 foot from all the transmission lines for more than 20 minutes ?

If not, then STFU MR. Know-It-All.

Reply to
DanS

On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:52:21 -0500, DanS wrote in :

Does long-range radar meet your criteria? ;)

'Those who have evidence will present their evidence, whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'

Reply to
John Navas

On 28/05/2010 15:58, John Navas wrote:

Did you follow all the safety rules to limit exposure? Long range RADAR tends to use the frequencies which can cause damage at lower levels of exposure. see TABLE C-I. PERMISSIBLE EXPOSURE LEVELS A. RF FIELDS

Service Doctors take it seriously. ROLE OF THE PHYSICIAN a. A person brought to a physician because of a suspected RFR overexposure is invariably frightened and agitated. Reassurance to the patient will be helped by knowledge of the amount of overexposure. The determination of whether or not an overexposure had occurred requires careful analysis by experts trained in RFR measurements and dosimetry. Many times there is actually no overexposure at all. If no overexposure has occurred, it is only necessary to treat the patient for the anxiety reaction. b. If an overexposure has occurred, an appropriate history and physical examination should be obtained. The patient should be questioned about what was felt during the overexposure. Did the patient experience a warm sensation in the region of his body exposed to the RFR beam? If this is not the case, the likelihood of an adverse effect is very much lower, unless the individual has a neural deficit in the region exposed. The symptoms occurring before and after the overexposure, in addition to those occurring during the overexposure should be recorded. c. The physical examination should include an ophthalmologic exam, especially for lenticular opacities. If there is any evidence of possible damage, the patient should be referred to an ophthalmologist. The skin should be examined for areas of erythema and for surface burns in the vicinity of metallic objects. A neurologic exam should be performed to ascertain any paresthesias or paralysis. d. Laboratory tests should be performed in accordance with the likelihood and the severity of the overexposure. If there are any cardiac symptoms present, an ECG should be performed. If there is suspicion that internal organ damage has occurred, appropriate serum enzyme levels determined and urine analyses should be conducted. If there are significant neurologic symptoms, it may be helpful to obtain an EEG and/or a MRI examination. e. Treatment of conditions arising from RFR overexposure should follow the same care and attention given to symptoms of any other suspected injury.

Reply to
Bob

Ditto. I spent quite a bit of time in an anechoic chamber. After about 3 hours, I got rather light headed. However, it wasn't the RF. The foam had absorbed some noxious cleaning solvent.

Whenever I go to a high power TV/FM/commerical mountain top site, I get a nasty tooth ache. It's quite consistent and limits the amount of time I can spend up there. I've considered having the filling replaced with something non-metallic (and which doesn't contain mercury).

On the same mountain tops, I find that my eyes sometimes hurt. It's not the altitude or glaucoma as I don't have the same problem on mountain tops without transmitters. The eye is the most heat sensitive part of the body, and apparently I'm seeing some effects.

I'm also certain that there are long term effects to RF exposure. When I first started in the RF biz, I had a full head of hair, a steady hand, a positive attitude, and a substantial bank account. After 40 years in the RF biz, the hair is almost gone, the hand is shakey, my attitude is decidedly negative, and the bank account depleted. Obviously, this was all due to RF exposure.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 28 May 2010 17:36:04 +0100, Bob wrote in :

So that explains it! :)

Reply to
John Navas

Wrong Jeff.......this never happened to either of us.

John Navas says it doesn't happen, so I was imagining everything, as were you.

Reply to
DanS

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I presented my evidence, which you just casted aside because you are a narcissistic a**hole.

Reply to
DanS

On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:50:42 -0500, DanS wrote in :

Not so.

Reply to
John Navas

On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:48:43 -0500, DanS wrote in :

Read more carefully. LOL

Reply to
John Navas

I wish it didn't. My tooth really does hurt. According to discussions with a local dentist, the amalgam used is not particularly conductive and is fairly resistive. More like a dummy load than a conductor. So, in an high RF field, it gets warm. The dentist suggested that what I'm feeling is a slight thermal expansion of the filling, putting pressure on the nerve. We were able to reproduce the symptoms by placing a heat probe on the filling.

Well, as a leading authority, he doesn't have to prove his assertions. Unfortunately, I don't have the same level of authority and therefore must prove what I claim. If he says it doesn't happen, then I must be wrong.

I'm fairly sure that moderate doses of high level RF is harmless. For example, I just finished an extended rag chew on 440MHz using a 35 watt radio with the antenna located about 3 ft from my head. I don't feel any different and am quite sure it hasn't affected my... ummm... what were we discussing?

It's the little things that cause problems. Time to start a campaign against the dangers of local oscillator (LO) radiation. The typical clock oscillator and LO might radiate about 1 mw of RF at various frequencies. However, there are literally billions of these devices in the US, spraying a dangerous RF "smog" everywhere. 1 milliwatt might not seem like much but when multiplied by perhaps 100 billion oscillating devices, we have megawatts of RF. Much of this insidious LO radiation is concentrated in the populated areas. For example, in a crowded football stadium, 50,000 cell phones, each radiating perhaps

1 mw of RF, will produce the same exposure as a 50 watt high power transmitter. The average home might have 100 assorted oscillating devices, each with an LO running 24 hours per day. I suggest a national campaign be started, warning the general population of the dangers of LO radiation, and demanding that the government do something about it.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

For example, in a crowded football

Seriously ? (Or said tongue-in-cheek ?)

Reply to
DanS

So. And a virgin.

Reply to
Kimmy Boyer

Seriously, your should never take anything I suggest seriously.

I lied. It's more like 10 microwatts, not 1 milliwatt if it meets FCC part 19 incidental radiator, and about 100 times worse after some mechanical case or shield damage.

Let's do the math and see how badly I screwed up. LO radiation is typically about -60dBm at the antenna. If there are multiple leaks, it might climb to maybe -50dBm. -50 dbm = 0.00001 milliwatts = 10 microwatts = 1*10^-8 watts

50,000 such cell phones would belch: 5*10^4 * 1*10^-8 = 5*10-4 watts = 50 milliwatts (not 50 watts). If each cell phone radiated 1 mw, then we might have a problem. In addition, the LO is not always powered on in a cell phone, where the battery save algorithm only turns it on during the proper time slot. Exposure would have to be reduced by the duty cycle.

Extra credit for estimating the total LO radiation for the continental USA. Figure on about 100-500 billion devices.

Perhaps we should try calculating how much 2.4GHz energy is delivered when we're out in the noon day sun to see if a tin foil hat is required. Total energy is about 1000 watts per square meter, mostly in the visible light region. Still, there's plenty of power in the microwave region.

I'll do the math when I return from from lunch and a bike bicycle.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

None of your business, man.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.