3Com OfficeConnect Repeater Configuration?

Hi,

I've just brought 3 3Com OfficeConnect 108mb Access Points (model

3CRGPOE10075) which can be used a APs or repeaters. I have setup one AP using WPA2/AES and can connect to it from my laptop. Now I need to configure the other 2 APs as repeaters, however the documentation that comes with the unit is pretty awful, only a couple of pages on basic configuration. Even the online PDF documentation doesn't mention Repeater configuration. Does anyone have any information on configuring these nits as repeaters? Any web sites, blogs, etc What I specifically need to know is
  1. Do the SSIDs of the repeaters need to be the same as the AP SSID or different?
  2. Do the repeaters need to have any security enabled? If the AP is using WPA do the repeaters also need this, or do they simply extend the range of the AP, and leave all authorisation/encryption to that unit?
  3. Does the AP need any configuration to allow the repeaters to connect to it?

Any help much appreciated.

Ben

Reply to
Ben
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
WDS in the overview, although the repeater mode should refer to fig.4, and configure wireless settings pg's 52 to 54

Reply to
Bob II

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.