Latest threads in Voice-Over-IPshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anybody using Calisto VoIP processors from Broadcom?
Broadcom has EOL'd the Calisto VoIP processor, but I wondered if anybody here used it in a design? I have some major issues with it that I would love to talk to another developer about. Thanks! -Greg...

Vonage and DSL basic
Anyone using Vonage on a basic or "lite" version of DSL (i.e. 128K)

CCM 4.0 line busy trigger to 1
Hello. I have about 400 extensions with 400+ lines. I need to set the busy trigger to 1 for all the lines. How do I accomplish that? I don't have time to manually configure each phone :-). PS. I'm a...

LNP Wireless to Voip possible?
Should I be able to port my current wireless phone #(T-mobile) to a Voip account? I have read wireless to wireless and wireline to wireless, but cannot find any info either way on wireless to Voip....

VoIP Troubleshooter web site updated
We have updated the VoIP Troubleshooter web site ( which provides info on typical VoIP problems and online diagnosis tools. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for content or site...

PC to mobile ph.
Can I make call from my PC to mobile phone free of charge using something like free VoIP service, or is there maybe some other way to make these calls. I connect to internet over dial-up(56K). Thanks

Consensus best Voip service for the layman?
I want to transfer my cell # to a Voip service. I've looked at Vonage, Broadvoice, Packet8, and Voicepulse. I am not quite a layman and techie enough to use a few advanced services but it is not that...

prediction: non-PSTN mobile phones
I'll be thrilled if someone points out that this is already available, but I predict that someone will start offering inexpensive mobile phone service by providing VoIP instead of PSTN...

VoIP suggestions
Hello, This is sort of a lengthy rant, but I would appreciate any help. I run the IT & phone systems for our company. Our owner is bent on moving from our Partner system to VoIP, specifically a hosted...

Feature Group D protocol with Cisco 5350
I am trying to configure Cisco 5350 for FGD protocol so that I could get ANI for my international calls. The problem I am having is that the Alcatel switch on the other side expects 3 stage wink. One...

An inexpensive VOIP SERVICE you can try
Hi, The company I work for (LanScape Corporation, has decided to extend an open invitation to the internet community. This newsgroup post is for DSL, Broadband-cable and high-speed internet...

Cisco 7914 problem. Anyone with a Call Manager out there?
I have just purchased a 7914 for my Cisco 7960 phone. I reversed the 7960 to SCCP image (latest) and tried to connect it. Now, the problem I'm having is that the 7914 device is acting just like it did...

Tools for testing & monitoring MGCP networks?
Hi, We're deploying an MGCP network, and we'd like to monitor its health, so we can discover when its not working. How is that done? I'm thinking that maybe it would be possible to use an opensource...

WSJ: Phone Industry Faces Upheaval As Ways of Calling Change Fast
Heavy Toll Phone Industry Faces Upheaval As Ways of Calling Change Fast Cable, Internet, Wireless Hurt The Value of Old Networks, Threaten a Business Model Echoes of Railroads' Ordeal By KEN BROWN and...

Free VOIP service if you link to our site or write a tech review
Hi, The company I work for offers its Global iNet VOIP service to DSL, Broadband cable and high speed internet subscribers worldwide. We are offering up to 5000 Voice over IP user accounts for free....