LNP Wireless to Voip possible?

Should I be able to port my current wireless phone #(T-mobile) to a Voip account? I have read wireless to wireless and wireline to wireless, but cannot find any info either way on wireless to Voip.

Any definitive info is appreciated.

Reply to
John Munsey Jr
Loading thread data ...

Technically yes, since you're not really porting it to VoIP, you're porting it from your wireless provider to a VoIP provider that is acting as a gateway to the PSTN. The issue is will the VoIP provider do it? They are usually pretty lean operations and don't offer any "special" services. Heck, with the right billing structure a single person could run a VoIP provider for tens of thousands of users.

Reply to
RC

The "consumer" services (VoicePulse, BroadVoice, Vonage, ...) all seem to be chomping at the bit to port numbers.

I recently read an interesting article that I'm not finding now. It was about why *not* to port your old number to a VoIP provider. One of the points it made was that they are not required to allow you to move it again (unless it's a toll-free number). That surprised me.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.