Cisco 7914 problem. Anyone with a Call Manager out there?

I have just purchased a 7914 for my Cisco 7960 phone. I reversed the 7960 to SCCP image (latest) and tried to connect it.

Now, the problem I'm having is that the 7914 device is acting just like it did before; All the buttons are RED and from the Settings->Status->Expantion Module Stats I see that the Link State is not supported. Also from Status->Firmware Versions I don't see anything for the Expansion Module 1. It's like it isn't connected. According to Cisco, that happens when the 7914 isn't registered and configured in the Call Manager. And here is the catch; I have an Asterisk implementation, not a Cisco Call Manager. Because I don't have access to a Call Manager, I would greatly appreciate if anyone out there could send me an XML file for a 7960 configured with an 7914 attached to it; that would help me understand what I'm supposed to do in order to make it work.

Thank you in advance,

Costas

Reply to
Costas Halvajoglou
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.