VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls

I have just bought a VOIP K phone with a dial pad and had their support department, (which appears to be excellent), sort out my configuration to use it for PC to PC with Skype, (not for Skype-out). However, they don't support 1899 so I had to try to do that myself. Even though I have selected the VOIP phone in 1899's configuration boxes, I cannot get it to recognise the use of the VOIP phone's dial pad, it simply does not work with it. How do I solve this please?

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt
Loading thread data ...

The keypad on the K phone is *only* supported by Skype, you can't use it with anything else.

Now I just wish I could get my PC to recognise it as an audio device..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Oh I can use it to speak and hear, but only once I have dialled the number on the 1899 keypad on the PC, then my handset takes over. I just wish I could use the handset for all of the above, no matter which service I was using.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt
[snip]

You're the opposite way round to me then..! I can use the keypad, the PC just won't load the USB drivers for the audio side..!!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Someone called Namsan has come up with some information in the Broadband NG, I trust it is OK quote it here... I quote:-

" I'm in the same boat with the Cyberphone K -- if you check the manufacturer's website

formatting link
you'll see that they do warn "Additional driver required for integration of keypad into 3rd party software".

However, some of the non-generic softphone providers have apparently managed to incorporate the necessary driver into their proprietary software, which shows that it can be done.

However, like you, I want to use the 1899voip service and reckon it is probably just a question of time before a suitable generic SIP or IAX driver becomes available to enable the dial pad and other keys. Haven't found one yet, but am still looking". End of quote.

I hope that throws a little light on matters,

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Derrick Fawsitt writes

I have now decided to return the VOIP handset as it would seem that I cannot use it with the varied systems of VOIP out there other than Skype. Using it to talk PC to PC on Skype does not give better audio, in fact it turns out to be worse. Those are my experiences with this handset and my system of PC to PC and PC to telephone works better using my PC mike and my speakers, at least that is my experience.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.