VoIP Comments

The Mitel 3300 (VOIP) in conjunction with its companion Citelink Gateway product will allow you to keep your Norstar phones. The Norstar switches will go away but your phones will still work with the Mitel 3300 pbx. No other vendor can do that.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg
Loading thread data ...

I am the Technical Systems Admin for a school district in South Carolina. We are looking at getting VoIP at two of our locations with a plan to migrate the rest over the course of 2-3 years and as our WAN bandwidth grows. One of the key things here is we are looking for a product that will allow us to leverage our existing Nortel Norstar's in two of the locations. We are looking at the Cisco, Avaya, Mitel, Shoretel, and 3COM. I was wondering if anyone had any comments on any of these products. Thanks in advance...

Joey

Reply to
Joey Kinney

bandwidth

Thanks in

Sounds like you need a box to interconnect PBX tie lines over IP rather than to replace the Norstar's, which is not an unusual approach. Have you asked Nortel if they can suggest a compatible product for doing this?

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Thanks Steve. Of course you're right. I had completely forgotten that Citelink had a channel partner relationship with 3Com, even before they partnered with Mitel. However, now I'm curious, does the 3Com + Citelink implementation support only the Norstar phones or does it support both Norstar and M1 phones?

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

Sorry, couldn't stop myself :

"The Mitel 3300 (VOIP) in ..........No other vendor can do that."

Except for Nortel (obviously with the BCM and 3COM (Nortel native, 3COM also with Citelink !)).

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve McKee

Hi, To be honest I don't know much about Citel, although I am sure they support both the Meridian and Norstar handsets within a 3COM install (although it may be different gateway cards).

See :

formatting link

Sorry for taking the Mick !.

Reply to
Steve McKee

Possibly asterisk linux server using the keysystem as a gateway to the existing phones. There is documentation on the wiki

Google your system. or take a good look at asterisk.

Steve McKee wrote:

Reply to
m

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.