VoIP and FAXing

I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their customers.

I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reply to
The Great Uvageez
Loading thread data ...

ATT CallVantage says to check with them before using a FAX as only certain types are supported.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Faxing is supported over the primary line. The dedicated fax line is so you have a dedicated fax number.

Reply to
p

I have faxed on my one and only vonage line and have had no problem. I have a very simple Brother Intellifax

Reply to
epclark

I have setup a fax-service at

formatting link
for free. Only drawback is that it requeires a call to it at least every 4 weeks - I've setup my server to automatically send a fax every 3 weeks to ensure that ;-)

Reply to
Henning Wangerin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.