transferring a telephone #/ownership of a telephone #

I had a telephone # I used for a small business that had be promoted via many snail mailings. The telephone# was originally with the local telco for ~ 4 years. Thereafter the telephone # was transferred to the first VOiP provider. At the end of a year with the first VOiP provider a second VOiP provider was contracted based on transferring the telephone #.

6 months later the telephone # has not transferred, the current provider apparently cannot manage the process.

The telephone # now produces a "not in service" answer. A reverse lookup of the telephone number indicates it resides with the Telco and is available. A call to the Telco produces no results.

Who owns the telephone #? As the customer service reps (when I can actually contact them and speak to them ...) have been of no assistance, besides the management of the various companies who could assist in the transfer of this telephone #.

Before I receive the expected response - I have always dealt in a respectful and professional manner with the customer service reps - but I always indicate I need a workable solution to the problem.

Reply to
hdtv?
Loading thread data ...

The number is 'managed' by the local telco. You'll have to go (back) to them to get reactivated. After some time I suppose they'll give it to someone else. This happened to me - long story.

The telcos must have agreements in place with the local / current provider to "port" any given number - another long story.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.