VOIP: Internet Telephone Question

I just recently signed up for telephone service through my cable company (It is supposed to be installed Tuesday, December 5.) Other than my cable company, I had considered services such as Vonage and Sunrocket.

After I signed up with my cable company, I was thinking and had the following question: Is it possible to subscribe to two different VOIP telephone services at the same time and be able to use either of them whenever you want? In other words, after I port my current telephone number to my cable company and start with their service, what if I decide I need another line later and want to try another company for the new line, say Vonage, Sunrocket, or another one of my choice, for example?

What would be involved with doing this, especially if I don't have an active landline? Would I need to go through my local telephone company and have them install a new telephone line and then once it is working, transfer the telephone service for the new line to Vonage, Sunrocket, or some other provider of my choice? Would it be possible to have two VOIP lines with two separate VOIP providers utilizing the same high speed cable modem connection?

Just curious if this would be possible.

Thanks,

Korey

Reply to
Korey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.