RTCP monitor..

Hi,

I am planning to develop a small application that displays the details of the active calls in a VoIP network and its QoS values. Obviously, the details will be got from the RTCP packets.

I am looking for a sniffer that decodes the RTCP packets from the network and provide a human understandable information of the RTCP header. As this is an individual project/product, I am looking for a free/very cheap solution. A platform neutral solution would be an plus. Any tools that you have come across?

Thanks for your help.

With Regards, Stephen Regan.

Reply to
Stephen Regan
Loading thread data ...

Take a look on Ethereal project. At least it is very good for debug purposes (not only RTCP but large family of protocols). I am not familiar with license of this product and can't say what exactly you can get from it as a 'brick' for your development.

As for me i use it for a long time as good offline visualization tool (in conjunction with tcpdump) and i'm not trying its capture facility.

Reply to
Roman Nikitchenko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.