Re: IP Intercom

also - there is "attended" transfer. from the

formatting link
website..... Call Transfer: Attended Transfer (alert forwarding party before transfer) & Blind Transfer (transfer the call directly

Hi Adair, > > The current setup I have is with Vocalocity
formatting link
using 2 > Linksys SPA942 phones (lines) and eventually will go to 4. In using today > the phone quality was good. I have both phones ring when a call comes in > to either phone number. The calls can be transferred say if I answer and > it for my wife or visa versa. > > The main problem I see is that each line terminates with the phone and can > not be run thru a product such as a SPA9000 (is pbx a good word). > Therefore the calls can be transferred back an forth between the 2 phones > but you don't know if the person on the other phone is busy with a call or > not. If the transfer is not picked up it will be routed to voice mail., > not the best way to handle a sales call at times. > > So I am probably going to have to check out other avenues. My old Premier > PBX at my office has done a great job but I don't want to wire this > house - the idea is downsize :))) I love the idea of being able to plug > these phones anywhere there is broadband. > > >>> The ice storm in Kansas City is a good time to test my new setup pending >>> moving the office to home. I am using Voip phones and forwarded the >>> phones >>> before I left the office last night. >>> >>> One major problem is intercom communication since my wife's home office >>> is >>> on the second floor and I have a basement office. With this Voip there >>> is >>> no way to know if she is on the phone. I bought >>> a wireless intercom from Radio Shack which sucks. >>> >>> A quick Google search indicates that there is a myriad of IP products >>> but >>> most are expensive and more than what I need. >>> >>> Anyone know of a quick solution wired or wireless with Linksys wireless >>> G router. >> >> ya, IP PBX.. heh >> Sounds like you already have a VoIP provider but you might want to look >> into
formatting link
and see if they will do what you want for decent >> money. >> I don't know if you are just using phone adapters or not but they have an >> TDM/IP phone that allows you to call other virtual office extensions in >> your network. and my guess you can also tell if they are on the phone >> (lit up button maybe?) I've never used them just seen their service. >> I'm in the telecom business I like to keep up. :) >> >> What is your current network and VoIP setup? >> >> Adair >> >
Reply to
P.Schuman
Loading thread data ...

BTW - since you originally started a thread over on the VoIP newsgroup, I re-added it....

Since you have the Linksys SPA942 phone, and are using 2 lines, can't each phone somehow show the "presence" of the 2 lines from the hosting service ? In other words, can each phone have their 1st and 2nd lines show each of the

2 lines ?
Reply to
P.Schuman

Thanks for the info. Vocalocity said no to the presence of both instances on the same phone but I don't see why not. I don't quite understand the programming of the SPA942 phones and Lines and Extensions but going to work on it. If Vocalocity don't want to help then I will find another provider.

Reply to
Don Harvey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.