RE: How do I Punch down new phone lines on the 66 blocks

How can I complete this task? I have a 66 block with analog lines coming into the block the 66 block that connects to a phone system. I need to identify the correct phone numbers coming out of the block. Punch down the lines using cat3 or cat5 cable bypassing the phone system and running the new punched down lines straight into a FXO card in a router. so the phone line no longer go to the phone system box but a router to connect the new phones to the network for VoIP. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Reply to
twbryant4now
Loading thread data ...

Is your question how to determine which line is which?

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Google for punch block tool. There are two flavors, 66 (POTS) and 110 (network), you'll probably want a tool with both blades.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Question - what is a "66" block..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Only Google knows for sure. Just like a 110 block, but older, and not rated for Cat5. 8*)

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Well as I haven't the faintest idea what a 110 block is either, I'm none the wiser..!

If it's some American thing, please be aware that not all of the readership of this group is within the USA.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Ivor

It is a telecommunication block to punch down telephone lines. I'm not sure if it is an American thing or used elsewhere. Some more info is here:

formatting link
Hope this helps

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Good thing because of your name :-)

It's hard to decipher an address @.invalid and I don't display headers in the newsgroups to see where your message originated.

Do you have Krone blocks? Turn it sideways, put legs on it, and that would be a 110-AW50 block. When you put in 4 rows, its a 100 and with

12 rows you get 300 pairs.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
[snip]

Ah, thanks. Here in the UK we use a similar thing (not quite the same from the illustration) commonly called (taken from the manufacturer's name), Krone strips.

formatting link

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones
[snip]

Yes we use Krone blocks here, they appear to be the same or very similar, thanks for the clarification.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.