Re: Cisco Transcoding

Is it possible to have one leg of a call on a Cisco AS5350 SIP using g711 and the second leg H323 using g729. Can the Cisco transcode from g711 to g729 and vise-vera and can the Cisco support on leg H323 and the other SIP. How would I setup my dial peers to transcode? Thanks

--Matteo

Reply to
Matteo D'Amato
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

No, Cisco AS5350 cannot do VoIP-VoIP calls. For VoIP-VoIP you have to use IPIPGW (but you cannot convert SIP-H323 with it). So the only option for you right now is tor setup PSTN loopback (e.g. connect port 0 with port 1 with a crossover cable) on your AS5350, so the call will go VoIP(SIP)->PSTN(port0)->PSTN(port1)->VoIP(H323). If you need instructions on configuring the PSTN loopback, there is a pretty good example in the PortaUM User Guide from Porta Software:

formatting link
WBR, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Zhilenko

Andrew, Is a IPIPGW a Cisco gateway? What is the Model number. Thanks

--Matteo

Andrew Zhilenko wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Reply to
Matteo D'Amato

Hello,

No, the link I sent you is a documentation for PortaSwitch. In the installation guide for PortaUM (unified messaging solution) page 25-26 is the detailed information how you can setup PSTN loopback on Cisco AS5300/5350 gateway for purposes of doing VoIP-VoIP calls.

WBR, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Zhilenko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.