list of free VoIP softphones/services

A few days ago, Cesar V via HWKB.com posted a thread announcing the launch of the new Kapanga softphone. I thought it would be interesting/helpful to post a larger list of softphones/services for comparison. What makes it even better is that all of the software and services listed here are free:

**encrypted, open source, and point to point** Speak Freely Robust Audio Tool Any secure tunneling method

**encrypted and point to point** Secure Phone Lite Foopchat Secure Shuttle Transport Gaim Skype

**open source and point to point** I Hear U CPhone KPhone LinPhone SipXPhone Gnome-O-Phone VOCAL

**point to point** SJPhone X-Lite EZ-Phone PC-Telephone Firefly CDC32 LIPZ4 XtX INRIA Free Phone

**service provider solutions** MS NetMeeting MSN IM AIM iVisit Lite PalTalk

More complete VoIP softphone and services lists can be found at the following web sites:

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Matthew Bates, CSULB
Loading thread data ...

You missed a few like Gnomemeeting, ohphone, YATE-GTK2 and Gizmo.

Matthew, thanks a lot... is a good list otherwise.

Reply to
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman

There is also another new P2P voice project similar to speak freely and called cameloid (it was designed for high level privacy). The project website is

formatting link
I have been using it, it is really good.

Reply to
ilovebread

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.