How do you cancel a Skype account...

I'll be setting up a new Skype account and no longer need my original Skype username. Since I cannot change it and will no longer use it, I want it canceled but can't figure out how to? I tried contacting Skype but haven't gotten back any response.

Reply to
nycasioman
Loading thread data ...

Actually the 180 day expiration only applies to SkypeOut minutes. There is also a time limitation after which a SkypeIn number expires. What I want to cancel is my Skype Name. I found I can delete it from my computer but I want also to cancel the account in Skype's database.

Reply to
nycasioman

Looking at the help files it says that an account will expire after 180 days of not being used. Just forget about it.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Ah, I missed that. Don't know then, have you tried emailing them..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

inactivity. The account is reactivated on the next sign in, assuming you sign in with the old (or existing) Skype name. If I delete the Skype name from your computer and don't use it to sign in, the account is and remains canceled. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like that's how it works.

Reply to
nycasioman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.