Gizmo Rates?

I have been comparing Gizmo with Skype.

What is not clear is what the Gizmo rates are for incoming calls, USA, from land-lines and mobiles/cells.

I see it is about 1 cent/minute outgoing to land-lines/cells per minute plus the annual subscription rate.

But their web site only seems to show the incoming annual subscription fee but nothing on the per minute rate.

Are they the same?

DMK

Reply to
D. Kirkpatrick
Loading thread data ...

At

formatting link
they say "There are no additional charges to receiving calls, and it?s far cheaper for the folks who call you.". This seems to mean "no per-minute charges", and this makes sense considering that for a call-in number they charge ~3 to 4 dollar a month in subscription, and in some locations the caller has to pay for local calls.

Incidentally, services like

formatting link
or
formatting link
offer absolutely free call-in numbers (although limited to few locations). With ATA's or IP phones able to handle more than one account, you may combine them for receiving calls, and another provider such as Gizmo for dialing out.

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Seems that IPKall is Washington State only and Stanaphone (per its forums) only has area codes in NY.

Now, that' OK for some but I was looking for something in Eastern Ma, ie Boston and Vicin.

DMK

Reply to
D. Kirkpatrick

You might check out

formatting link
They are pretty good and cheap.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

If you don't mind about two-stage dialing, you may also use the free PointOne numbers listed at

formatting link
, then dial "1" followed by your Gizmo SIP number (1747xxxxxxx) and terminating with "#".

But unfortunately, I can't see any in Massachusetts: the nearest to you seems to be in Connecticut...

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.