Forwarding London number to NYC?

I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.

I looked at Lingo.com but that requires a PC. I want people to be able to call me even from their mobile phones in London, and it would just be a local call for them.

Does such a service exist?

Thanks, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan
Loading thread data ...

Not really. You can set up your Lingo account to forward to any number you want. You have to do the setting up from your web browser, but once it's set up, the forward happens at Lingo's switch, and the terminal adapter they provide doesn't need to be plugged in or turned on. (I just unplugged mine and called myself to check.)

On the other hand, if you spend any amount of time at your office, and you have a broadband connection there, I would suggest connecting the Lingo adapter and plugging a phone into it, and setting it up so that the phone and your mobile ring simultaneously. That's what I do. so if I'm in the office I can answer the phone and not use up mobile minutes.

If you want to call people in London back, Lingo considers that to be a free local call from your Lingo phone, while your mobile carrier will likely charge ripoff mobile international rates.

R's, John

Reply to
John R. Levine

Yes the service exist. How many minutes/month you may terminate ? The rate depends up on the volume of minutes

formatting link

Reply to
appan

You can get the "Unlimited in-state" plan with a NY number from Broadvoice.com for $9.95/month and add on a UK incoming number for $1.95/month, and then just turn on call forwarding.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Here are just a few suggestions, the voipuser.org one will give you flexibility of changing the routing, it's free, and actually helps the voipuser.org community. Out of the three you may want to try that first and if it works for you then I'd use that.

formatting link
(completely free 0844/0845/0870/0871/07031 numbers and incoming call revenue goes to back to the voipuser.org commnunity in the form of free outgoing call minutes)

formatting link
(free, but static, 870 number)

formatting link
(pay for service, high call cost to callers)

Reply to
B.M. Wright

Yep.

formatting link
you can use our centrex service to do this.

cheers peter

Reply to
Peter Gradwell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.