Audio and Ring Volume

In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing audio volume and decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and best regards,

Art

Reply to
artlab
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not louder.. Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely? Thanks, and best regards,

Art

Reply to
artlab

Is it a mechanical or electronic ringer?

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

No, it's down to the phone. My phones (BT Converse 2025) both have ring and audio volume settings anyway.

You might possibly cause a phone to ring louder if you increase the ringing voltage but I wouldn't recommend it or guarantee it wouldn't break your phone, so you try it at your own risk..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented with lowering the voltage and there is a threshold around 50 volts where the ringer simply stops working (which was to be expected). I do not have a ring control on the phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best regard,

Art

Reply to
artlab

Possibly, but depending on the type of ringer it might just stop working altogether..!

It really is a phone function, maybe it's worth trying a different phone.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones
[snip]

Or change the phone ;-)

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

If you are going to change it, why not experiment and put a resistor in series with the ringer unit. What is the worst that can happen? You can break the phone and you need to change it, which leaves you at step #1 "change the phone". ;-)

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.