ATA 186 and pabx?

Hi,

This is (should be) an easy question(!)

Is it possible to plug an ATA 186 in to a standard PABX and use it as one of the external lines? If not, what should I be looking for?

Thanks for your attention.

Reply to
bakdong
Loading thread data ...

Yes.

it should work.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Thank you! Has anyone here actually done this? Am I out on a limb with this one? Is there a better way to do it (connect to a PABX)? Or is this just standard?

Reply to
bakdong

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

I have done this with a VTA1000 from pcphoneline.com. This is basically the same idea, but the VTA1000 is an USB device. Flawless operation. (The VTA1000 supports SIP & Skype) In use since christmas in a commercial setting. Regards, Erwin.

Reply to
EdR

Thanks very much for the assistance. I'll give it a try.

Reply to
bakdong

I've done it with Nortel Norstar systems, no problem.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Are you the one that programs the PBX? cuz, I guess I'd be wondering if your PBX is programmed or limited by ckt-packs to only ground-start lines?

I have the 186 in a home environment, so I'd be interested in hearing from others who might know if the 186 can be configured for ground-start supervision, as opposed to loop-start in the residential space.

From your question, I'm assuming that you're thinking of trunkside on the PBX.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Wang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.