Asterisk and HiSax

Hello,

Can You started such configuration -> Asterisk+HiSax(module)+PCI 128 ISDN card (winbound chipset) ??

Any sugestion ??

I have:

HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards HiSax: Version 3.5 (module) HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5 HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4 HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3 HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3 HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4

kernel 2.6.16.22

Additionaly I haven't /dev/ttyI0 and /dev/ttyI1

[root@srv-asterisk ~]# ls /dev/ttyI* ls: /dev/ttyI*: No such file or directory

Maybe better I resign from HiSax and will install mISDN ??

Regards Tomek

Reply to
Tomek
Loading thread data ...

Tomek wrote on 30. June 2006:

You better ask in a Linux or ISDN group. This is mainly frequented by US guys. But ISDN is not very spread in the US.

2.6.16 and above comes with udev. Thisis fairly new AFAIK and is responsible for the devices. Read "man udev". Seems, in case the hisax setup created the devices, the udev removed them again or their permissions.

You can deactivate udev (/etc/init.d/udev stop) and also remove the start script from your runlevel. Then create the devices with mknod.

There should be man pages for ISDN explaining how to use mknod. =2D-=20 Andreas PGP Key available on public key servers Mailfilter rules

formatting link

Reply to
Andreas Kohlbach

ok,

thx, I try

regards Tomek

Reply to
Tomek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.