SX2000 maintenance logs

Is it possible to prevent the SYSTEM level access from generating a maintenance log entry whenever logging on & off? If so, how, please?

I suspect we have a customer who is maliciously tampering with the database. Fortunately he does not have the SYSTEM level password and I want to try and catch him out with times/dates etc when he logs on and off. But I don't want him to know there is a level above his access.

Failing that, is it possible to delete the maintenance logs without causing problems to the system? I doubt I would be able to delete the

*.logs.maintenance file while I'm logged on anyway.

Cheers

Reply to
Proteus
Loading thread data ...

Hi

Well the command is " logs purge maint new N " where N is the number of entries to delete. what will happen though is you will see system logging off , So you will need to log in as installer then delete them

Why not just change the installer level password ?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Ahhh.... thanks for that!

I wanna catch the b***er...

Reply to
Proteus

What level is the customer logging in under? If he has the installer password he's pretty much free to edit any form. However, MAINT21, MAINT2 and SUPERVISOR access levels can each be individually restricted as to which forms they can and cannot access. You can go so far as to grant either read only, read/write or NO access to whichever forms you choose.

You might want to change the PW on the installer and then give him MAINT1 priviledges with access only to the forms he actually needs. It's pretty easy to do.

Reply to
wdg

Yeah thanks for that suggestion, but I want to catch him out without necessarily alerting him to the fact that someone else may have a higher level access than he does. If he sees another user logging in & out in the maint logs, he will just ask me who is SYSTEM and what is the password & what does it do etc etc.... Each time he buggers something up, I just correct it, then restrict installer access to that particular form.

Reply to
Proteus

Didn't realize you could restrict the "installer" from any form. Thot that was more the purview of MAINT1/MAINT2/SUPERVISOR access levels. Ya learn sump'n every day it seems. Shame session logging won't capture CDE.

Here's a trick... if it's non-redundant, i.e., a microlight, leave him a little reminder you were there with a bulletin banner on the bottom of his screen. Sample syntax: (minus the quotes) "EC *** NOTICE: ALL SYSTEM PROGRAMMING ACTIVITY IS BEING LOGGED ***"

"EC" is sometimes a handy little command ;-)

Reply to
wdg

Hi

Well I know I cant alter what installer can access on my Lab system.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Exactly

Reply to
wdg

I Like that idea! How do you remove the message? EC without any text?

Reply to
Proteus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.