sx2000 co trunk and pcs docking station

I have a Phone Labs pcs docking station connected to an SX2000 LS/GS port, set for loop start. I can access the trunk, get dial tone from the docking station, and make a call.

When the call is conected, tho, there's audio from the outside party toward switch, but not the other way. There's just a low level noise. But, if I hit a digit on the key pad, you can hear a slightly distorted touch tone.(I hope I explained this correctly).

And when dialling in on the pcs phone, the docking station generates ring, on going off hook, the inside party can hear the calling party but not the other way.

Could it be a loop current issue? The docking station uses a small 9vdc wall wart. And I'm using the same trunk descriptor as existing loop start trunks.

Thanks! Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

I have connected an ons port and get dial tone, can dial, and can talk.

Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

The trunk desc is set up as follows: (sorry if my cut n paste skills suck :) I wonder if there just isnt enough loop current.

Line Start Type (Loop/Ground). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Loop Post Call Metering (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Guard Timer (100-200/800-1600/3000-8000msec) . . . . . . . 800 Calling Party Disconnect (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . No Dictation Trunk (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Ignore Far End Disconnect (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes Disconnect Timer (100-4000 msec) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500 Ground Condition During Busy Out (Removed/Permanent) . . . Removed Ignore Far End Reversal During Seizure (Yes/No). . . . . . Yes Minimum Ring Detection Timer (200-500 msec). . . . . . . . 200 Ringing Expected (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes Calling Party Disconnect (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . No Dictation Trunk (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Ignore Far End Disconnect (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes Disconnect Timer (100-4000 msec) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500 Ground Condition During Busy Out (Removed/Permanent) . . . Removed Ignore Far End Reversal During Seizure (Yes/No). . . . . . Yes Minimum Ring Detection Timer (200-500 msec). . . . . . . . 200 Ringing Expected (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes Seize Timer (10-1800 sec). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 50 Address Signalling (Loop/DTMF) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DTMF Flash Timer (200-700 msec in 50msec increments). . . . . . 300 Fake Answer Supervision After Outpulsing (Yes/No). . . . . Yes First Meter Pulse Is Answer (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . No Ignore Answer Supervision (Yes/No) . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes Release Supervision Expected (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . No Audio Inhibit Until Answer Supervision (Yes/No). . . . . . No Drop Digit Rcvr for Outgoing Audio Before Ans Sup (Yes/No) Yes Far End Connection (Local/Toll). . . . . . . . . . . . . . Local High Loss Option (Yes/No). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Balance Network Setting (600/Complex). . . . . . . . . . . 600

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

I just rememebred something... in the good old days, circa 1985, well, good for the 1A2 guys hehe but horrible for music, I had a pair of dry loops between two buildings. I was using a small switch at each end, station to trunk to interconnect the switches.

The station side battery was 24vdc, but the trunks required 48vdc or they'd busy out.

I used some sort of cheapie "repeater" that handled a wide voltage range on the co side and put out a constant 48v on the cpe side. It worked fine, and also passed ring.

It's been sooooo long, and after hundreds and hundreds of kegs and casks of beer and wine, the old memory is a fading... anyone remember the technical term for what I'm describing?

Thanks oodles! Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Hi

Sounds like an answer supervision issue possbly, what do you get if you connect an extension port to the ls/gs trunk ? I would try that first.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Well that sort of proves it to the phone dock, Having looked at their site, They dont seem to mention that you can connect it to a PBX so maybe their are issues with it if you do.

Might be worth puttin a DVM across the line to see the conditionswhen calls are progressing, Also I would give the company that supplied it a call.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

I emailed them (Phonelabs), and they said "just hook it up to a trunk port". A 2500 set, even with a bell ringer, works fine. The little thing generates ring for the phone, talk battery is fine, etc.

I'm going to try it on a different trunk card/port in the 2000, and if still the same, I'll test it on a CO card in a 200 down the street.

Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Well, I feel stupid. After all the advice, and all I went thru trying to get this to work, I plugged a 2500 set into the docking station again, and this time, I have the same problem. So... it appears to be a defect in the cable from the phone to the docking station or in the unit itself.

So, off to write Phonelabs for their advice.

Thanks ooodles! Dave

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

One great thing about your posts Dave is you make a great case for -not- supporting non-standard hardware and aftermarket 3rd party custom applications and bastardizations. Simply put, if it didn't come from Mitel or one of their channel partners, we don't support it, period. Clients are free to attach any adjunct device they want to their phone, but when problems arise we take it back to the standard instrument and standard handset, as originally installed. If we can show the client that works, our work is done.

We used to have a guy on staff, "Rat Shack Jack" we called him. Thank goodness he's gone. The guy was a Ham Radio Operator, which probably says a lot. Anyway, he'd drill holes in COV sets to mount pushbutton switches and built low pass filters so the COV lines could be bridged and subsequently recorded on a Magnasync/Moviola multitrack recorder. He once hung a COV set (minus handset) on the wall of a wiring closet and bridged the SPEAKER AUDIO leads onto station pairs going out to a nearby receptionist's workstation with an ORATOR speaker on it. The object was to make the receptionist's Multicall set into one with a homebrew "RING CONTINUOUS" feature before Mitel finally saw fit to do that in software (LW28UR1 - P.07.7). Other times he'd carve open sets to wire in a buzzer on the black/yellow pair.

RSJ's all-time greatest creation was a homebrew busy-lamp for a boss/secretary scenario where the sec'y was in an outer office and out of sight of the boss. She had 2 lines of "Multicall" appearances so the boss couldn't "see" his companion appearance of her line when she was gas-bagging on the phone. Prior to Mitel addressing this need in LW28MR2 (P.17.6.4), Rat Shack Jack opened up the secretary's superset to mount a magnetic reed switch alongside the switchook up against the plastic handset cradle nearest the earpice. Leads were then attached to the black/yellow pair (of course) to a low voltage DC xfmr back in the wiring closet then back out over station pairs again to the black/yellow leads of the boss' phone. The boss's phone got a hole drilled in it and a bright red led mounted in it! This had to be done after hours so the sec'y didn't know her phone had been "modified". All in all, we figured out that RSJ bastardized somewhere between 40~50 supersets during his tenure and left an absolute **SUPPORT NIGHTMARE** for those of us in his wake. Fortunately a year later we did a forklift upgrade to replace the old "SG" and lied to our users, telling them that the old COV sets weren't supported on the new system. They of course were, we even had (still have) COV voice mail integration, but it gave us an excuse to round up all of RatShack Jack's many mutant creations and purge the system of those tired old sets.

Reply to
wdg

Ah the good old days.

Reply to
DPGumby

We have a guy like that. When we sold BT trading systems he used to make all kinds of funny little circuits for things but as ususal never would leave any details. Anyway when he was on vacation, I was on a site with another tech. The other guy was tracing some cross connect through a bundle to find a bad circuit. Anyway suddenly he pulls his hand back really quick saying he hit something hot. Sure enough the wiz kid had a hold open circuit he had come up with on a circuit and part of it was a 1/2 watt ceramic restistor that was actually quit hot. When he got back we beat him about the head and shoulders for a couple of hours.

Reply to
DPGumby

One time Rat Shack Jack put a 66-block under a raised floor in a computer room. We beat him for several weeks after finding that.

Ever run across any Etrali stuff? I have a 270-seat Etrali Etradeal system hang>We have a guy like that. When we sold BT trading systems he used to make all

Reply to
wdg

No never seen that stuff. Interesting though.

Reply to
DPGumby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.