Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Man Dies Waiting for 911 to Arrive
On Thu, Feb 10 2005 18:00:00 PST Patrick Townson > wrote about: Man Dies Waiting for 911 to Arrive certainly can happen, but, IMnotsoHO, it's the fault of the 911 operator. I often get 911 connections...

Re: Click Fraud Looms As Search-Engine Threat
Pat et al, the way to stop the popups short of a power cycle is to go into "Network and dial up connections", right click on your lan connection, select properties, and check the box ot the bottom of...

Re: Motorola v550 - Picture Downloading??
I have a V551. If you have the mobile phone tools package, first, be sure to update it (live update). What you want is under tools multimedia studio pick "mobile explorer" The phone is on the right,...

Re: Level3 VOIP Product Implodes
You are right on. I have been working for CallTower for 3 years and the Cisco stuff we use is as bulletproof as phones have ever been. The hard part for customers is change and getting used to and...

Re: The Move to High-Tech Tracking of Inmates
Please remove my email address PAT. While I like to reduce the costs of government functions, I think there are way too many holes in this idea for it to be implemented with dangerous criminals. GPS...

"Reputed Mobsters" Plead Out in Phone and Credit Card Scams
"Six reputed mobsters pleaded guilty before jury selection was to begin Monday in a case alleging that the Gambino crime family placed hundreds of millions of dollars in unauthorized charges on...

Cingular Seeking Employees in Oklahoma City
A banner at a major intersection near my house in Oklahoma City announces that Cingular is hiring and gives a toll-free number to call. Wes Leatherock

Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
That's what gets me. Last I remember, to qualify as a common carrier, an ISP isn't allowed to exact any sort of traffic control beyond what is necessary to maintain the stability of the network....

Two New Twentieth Television Mobile Shows Premiere on V CAST
'The Sunset Hotel' and 'Love and Hate' Mobisodes Developed for Viewing on Wireless Phones HOLLYWOOD, and BEDMINISTER, N.J., Feb. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Twentieth Television and Verizon Wireless, the...

Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform
10, 2005 Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform By Roy Mark WASHINGTON -- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell warned his fellow commissioners today that they would...

Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
I hope the FCC will act swiftly to nip this in the bud -- ISP's have no more business blocking customers' access to certain VoIP providers than they do blocking access to competitors' web sites. I...

FCC Actions, February 10, 2005 Meeting
The FRONT LINES Advancing The Cause of Competition in the Telecommunications Industry VISIT THE HELEIN LAW GROUP AT INTELLE-CARD EXPO IN MIAMI The Helein Law Group will be exhibiting at the Spring...

ADSL and SDSL?
Do you more reliably get the higher bandwidth with SDSL than with ADSL? For example, is the CIR higher with SDSL? We are a very small business using VoIP and our connection is ADSL. People have...

Wireless VOIP Gives Voice to Indian Nation
Carol Wilson Telephony, Feb 14, 2005 What began as one Indian reservation's desire for better telephone service now stands to become a national movement to bring broadband technology to other...

Verizon to Buy MCI
'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Verizon to buy MCI BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Analysis: Lucent may face pressure to seek merger * Sprint to lease wireless towers * Microsoft beefs up presence in...