Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Lots of Personal Reports Leaked Out From Choicepoint
I checked their web-site, I think they sell our data through so many different channels. Through their direct mail service, they even seem to sell personal information of infants ("new parents data"),...

VPN - Problems Pinging LAN IPs
Connecting XP client to VPN endpoint (which is a Draytek router). Get allocated a virtual IP address (say, 10.0.0.200 and 255.255.255.255) with the default gateway the same. Can ping both WAN and...

Re: Time Warner / Earthlink Not Honoring Promise
Pat, I have switched between the two of them a number of times. I always tell them that I switch back and forth and ask them to confirm that I am eligible before making any switch. No, they did not...

Re: Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill
What was she thinking? She should have known that someone stole her identity BEFORE the bill came in. Oh, maybe she wasn't a psychic afer all ... Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill...

Re: 2002220000 Given as Caller ID
That could theoretically occur in this country if some IXC were using 'line side" termination (Feature group A or B, IIRC) rather than "trunk side termination" (Feature group C or D). But this is...

Re: Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill
Marcus D. Falco responded to a question posed by myself regards the original newspaper article and an observation by Lisa Hancock: Did you mean to say 'notify them within 24 or 48 hours _of the...

Re: Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise
Dave Close asked why toll alerting is still an issue: Lisa Hancock responded: My question to Lisa and Dave, is WATS still offered by most telcos these days? The theory was that bulk purchase of long...

Ex-WorldCom CEO Denies Role in Fraud
By Paul Thomasch NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Bernard Ebbers took the witness stand in his criminal trial on Monday and flatly denied playing any role in the $11 billion...

Re: Ring Tone Surprise
My Sprint LG 5350 defaults to this. Certainly a head turner. Sometimes results in comments like "that sounds like my Grandmother's old phone". Brad Houser

Re: Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise
Sloppy programming is an altogether separate issue. Indeed, it was easier to make mistakes under the old way due to tracking the many little bits that could have multiple meanings in different...

France Telecom Names a New Chief
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 28, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * France Telecom names a new chief BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Report: Telcos' IPTV services to drive online entertainment...

Time Warner / Earthlink Not Honoring Promise
I periodically switch between Road Runner and Earthlink. I do it whenever one can offer me a deal that saves me some money for a few months. Some weeks back, I was on Road Runner. I spoke with...

Why Our Broadband Policy's Still a Mess
Jim Hu Staff Writer, CNET Broadband is booming, DSL prices are dropping and cable modem speeds are increasing without additional charge. But to Michael Copps, one of two Democrats on the five-member...

Re: Ring Tone Surprise
Its one of the built-ins that comes with the newer Blackberrys. Emoveray ethay Igpay Atinlay otay eplyray

Another Notice Isn't the Answer
By Fred H. Cate A California law requiring businesses to notify consumers when the security of their personal data is breached is a poor substitute for real action to address the scourge of identity...