When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

Dear Patrick,

I've been trying to research the date a particular sign was posted on my property in Glendale, California. When I saw that it had the company's name (Pacific Fence Co.) and a very old 2L-4N phone number ( Hillside 8141 ), I grew to wonder when Los Angeles would have made the transition to 2L-5N, because I could probably figure the sign predates that time.

My property was built in 1926. I'm guessing that Los Angeles switched over sometime after WWII and before 1949, but I can't get a better fix on that. Any chance you know where to look?

(I've been scanning old postings and digests, but haven't found anything definitive)/

Best Regards,

Stephen Greenfield snipped-for-privacy@screenplay.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Perhaps some of our older readers who have been around Los Angeles for a half-century or so, or older readers who lived there in the 1940-60 era will be able to answer this. PAT]
Reply to
Stephen Greenfield
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.