Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

In article snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org, Steven Lichter at snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote on 4/18/06 17:18:

In article snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org, Stephen Greenfield at > snipped-for-privacy@Screenplay.com wrote on 4/17/06 23:39: >> Dear Patrick, >> I've been trying to research the date a particular sign was posted on >> my property in Glendale, California. When I saw that it had the >> company's name (Pacific Fence Co.) and a very old 2L-4N phone >> number ( Hillside 8141 ), I grew to wonder when Los Angeles would have >> made the transition to 2L-5N, because I could probably figure the sign >> predates that time. >> My property was built in 1926. I'm guessing that Los Angeles switched >> over sometime after WWII and before 1949, but I can't get a better fix >> on that. Any chance you know where to look? >> (I've been scanning old postings and digests, but haven't found anything >> definitive)/ >> Best Regards, >> Stephen Greenfield >> snipped-for-privacy@screenplay.com >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Perhaps some of our older readers who >> have been around Los Angeles for a half-century or so, or older >> readers who lived there in the 1940-60 era will be able to answer >> this. PAT] > Having lived in the San Fernando Valley through 1972, I remember having our > number changed from DImond XXXX to DImond1-XXXX in 1958 or 59. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Was the exchange name 'Dimond' or > 'Diamond' (with the /a/ as the third letter)? PAT]

Sorry about that; Diamond. I also seem to remember that this was a Northridge (Shirley CO) and Reseda had DI, but it stood for something else, can't remember what though.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.