Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

In article snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org, Stephen Greenfield at snipped-for-privacy@Screenplay.com wrote on 4/17/06 23:39:

Dear Patrick, > I've been trying to research the date a particular sign was posted on > my property in Glendale, California. When I saw that it had the > company's name (Pacific Fence Co.) and a very old 2L-4N phone > number ( Hillside 8141 ), I grew to wonder when Los Angeles would have > made the transition to 2L-5N, because I could probably figure the sign > predates that time. > My property was built in 1926. I'm guessing that Los Angeles switched > over sometime after WWII and before 1949, but I can't get a better fix > on that. Any chance you know where to look? > (I've been scanning old postings and digests, but haven't found anything > definitive)/ > Best Regards, > Stephen Greenfield > snipped-for-privacy@screenplay.com > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Perhaps some of our older readers who > have been around Los Angeles for a half-century or so, or older > readers who lived there in the 1940-60 era will be able to answer > this. PAT]

Having lived in the San Fernando Valley through 1972, I remember having our number changed from DImond XXXX to DImond1-XXXX in 1958 or 59.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Was the exchange name 'Dimond' or 'Diamond' (with the /a/ as the third letter)? PAT]
Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.