What "Where's My FiOS?" is all about [telecom]

"Where's My VERIZON FiOS?" - Here's What It's All About

by MARTIN BLANC

Labor unions have instigated a campaign "Wheres my FiOS?" to put public pressure on Verizon, so that it considers living up to its age-old promise to make high-speed broadband available to all

Communications Workers of America (CWA), the nation's largest media union, has started a new campaign "Where's my FiOS?" aimed at delayed deployment of Verizon Communications Inc.'s FiOS fiber-optic Internet and pay-TV service. Verizon had promised to make available its FiOS service in some major cities across the nation. However, Boston, Buffalo, Baltimore, Alexandria, and other major locales are still left hoping that Verizon will eventually consider stretching its footmark in the FiOS market.

The carrier's officials keep saying that Verizon does not have any plans to expand in the FiOS market. The "Where's My FiOS?" [campaign] launched by the CWA calls attention to the fact that Verizon had vowed in 2008 that New York customers would receive 99 percent coverage by

2014; however, the customers have now begun to lose hopes that Verizon will ever fulfill its promises, even to the slightest bit.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.