VoIP over WiFi [Telecom]

Monty Solomon wrote in :

***** Moderator's Note ***** > This might not seem telecom related, but I'm allowing it for two reasons: > 1. VoIP over WiFi is telecom

If I have the esteemed moderators' permission to hijack this thread:

(We'll just start a new thread. - bh)

How are the experiences here (in telecom-digest) with VoIP over WiFi? My work is participating in a VoIP over WiFi test and although the companies delivering it are working very hard to make it work it feels somewhat immature technology to me. The handsets and the wireless access-points have to agree completely. A 'too new' access-point works wonders for data and makes VoIP calling nearly impossible.

The main target of VoIP over WiFi would be to phase out local dect installations for the switch to a VoIP telephone system. Some buildings do not allow GSM phones because of interference and VoIP over WiFi is thought to be a good replacement for the current dect setup offering both telephony and location services.

Koos van den Hout

Reply to
Koos van den Hout
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.