VoIP Adapter With High REN?

I am trying to switch two of three phone lines in a very large, very old house over to VoIP. The house has quite literally twenty extensions split between the three lines -- I think I need at least 4 or 5 REN per line, plus the ability to drive all the wire leading to those handsets (over 100' in some cases) without exploding the audio output circuit in the ATA.

Does anyone make equipment meant for this that I can use with a mainstream VoIP provider? It's been suggested to me that Packet8 might be my best chance since they build their own gear but I don't see anything suitable on their web site.

I am basically looking for a Cisco ATA-186 (including the 2-line capability) on steroids.

Thor Lancelot Simon snipped-for-privacy@rek.tjls.com

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Reply to
Thor Lancelot Simon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.