Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Fred Atk>> Sorry to come down on you this hard, but limiting student access to

>> information simply because we think they don't 'need' access to it is >> a pretty short sighted opinion for an educator to take. > You're presuming that it's educators who are in favor of blocking > technology, but I think that's jumping to an unsupported conclusion.

As both an educator and a student, I am, in fact, in favor of "blocking technology". The last thing I need is students distracted by more crap on their laptops while I'm lecturing -- and the last thing I need, as a student, is more distraction. I'm always happy, in either role. when I walk into a classroom, turn on my laptop, and discover that there is no wireless network connectivity in that particular room.

Thor Lancelot Simon snipped-for-privacy@rek.tjls.com

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Reply to
Thor Lancelot Simon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.