Verizon iPhone 5 is being sold with an unlocked SIM slot [telecom]

Last week it was reported that the Verizon iPhone 5 is being sold with an unlocked SIM slot, allowing users with a nano-SIM or a trimmed micro-SIM from a GSM carrier such as AT&T to use the device on their networks. The Associated Press confirmed with Verizon that it will not remotely relock their iPhone 5 models. Last year, Verizon would only unlock their iPhone 4S models after 60 days.

It's worth noting that though the Verizon iPhone 5 will work on AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G network for voice and data, the phone will not work on AT&T's LTE data network. It will work on a number of international LTE networks. Apple's LTE information page details the bands that each specific model of iPhone 5 supports.

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

The iPhone 5 will soon be useless on all carriers. T-Mobile is no longer activating phones that don't support VoLTE technology. The iPhone SE (original) from 2016 is the oldest iPhone that now supports VoLTE. T-Mobile and AT&T 3G will be both be shut down this year.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

During my hospital stay, John Levine recovered this post from a spam folder. I had to forward it back to Digest Central and edit the heders to make it usable. Any resulting problems are my fault.

Bill Horne

Reply to
Michael Trew

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.