Thinking of David Nelson w/r to 1776

Some time ago there was the controversy about problems encountered by men called David Nelson. No, I don't know of any David Nelson in

1776, but I just now thought of this story which I read in history books long ago:

One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence was Charles Carroll. We've read of the risks taken by such signing, and the story goes that someone told Mr. Carroll that he had nothing to fear because there were many Charles Carrolls. So he added "of Carrollton" after his name, and he remarked "They cannot mistake me now."

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That is a very inspirational story, and one which should give us all something to think about. I have always been amazed at how many 'essentially anonymous' blogs there are on the net. I am one of the few people -- at least it appears that way -- who bothers to put a real name and real picture and real 'life- style status' on my various blogs as well as on this Digest. For that matter, I also geo-tag all my pages; if you go to the trouble to read any of my blogs, etc and then cross reference them to Google Maps for example, you will see a nice little 'Google map marker' where I am at. Yet I see so many entries on
formatting link
which are just silly frivilous nonsense and the people refuse to sign them or even include a small thump-size .jpg of themselves. I am sure most of them do _not_ think of their blog pages as frivilous nonsense, just as I do not feel that way about mine. If you happen to wish to review my blog and how I like to handle it, please go to:
formatting link
feel free to comment on what I have written over the past few months. PAT]
Reply to
Carl Moore
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.